Sunday 16 February 2014

So, it's fun to have custom decals...

When we first bought our caravan, we picked off the original decals as they really aged our caravan. This spring, we intend to order our own custom ones to replace them. I have a few design ideas in mind!

I always buy my decals from Sign Kits. They are a great company with extremely competitive prices and great customer service. I have used them for my grooming van sign writing and my new salon for the walls and windows. I also bought some paws from them to stick all over my car but Nick wouldn't let me put them on :( Anyway, their decals are excellent quality and are sent out very quickly!

Decals are very easy to put on (they do come with instructions). They arrive with a paper backing and a clear, sticky plastic backing. All you do is, remove the clear backing carefully, ensuring the decal stays on the paper backing (it may be different so check this part in the instructions), then press the vinyl and the paper to the clean caravan where you want it to go, pressing from the middle, and gently push outwards to push away any air bubbles. If you're sticking down a large sticker that you want in line with something, it may be easier to peel away just an edge, stick it down and work your way across the decal, peeling the backing as you go. If you get any creases forming, just make sure the creases stay in the backing and not in the vinyl, then they don't matter. Then, use a cloth to firmly press the decals down, pressing on the vinyl parts, not the backing. Then slowly peel the backing off, ensuring the vinyl doesn't peel with it.

Then you should have a very cool, customised caravan! This was my grooming van, decals supplied by Sign Kits...


Happy Caravanning!

No comments:

Post a Comment